Saturday, September 19, 2009

Entering the World

Okay....so most of you know this, but I will tell it again.

I went to the dr last week on Tuesday for my normal appointment and she wanted me to go back on Thursday to see her. I was a little anxious about going because Wednesday night my head began hurting around 9:00. I mean like a pounding headache and my blood pressure wasn't looking too good either. So, off to the dr I go. They ended up doing a sonogram again to measure him. She said she was showing him to be around 39 weeks and 4 days and roughly 8lbs. WOW!!! So, off I go into the room and surprisingly my blood pressure was ok. However, my dr's exact words when it came to my headache, "I don't want you to go home and have a seizure" Thank you very much...I don't either. So, off to the hospital I was sent. Eli got there and we were admitted for 24 hour monitoring and testing again, just like the first time. I was given Vicoden around the clock for my head and it just continued to get worse.

Another dr in the office was on call and she came in Friday morning to discuss our options and the only option we pretty much had was to go ahead and take Samuel. Things moved very quickly once we decided this was going to happen. They began by putting me on the monitor to check Samuel's heartrate, they blew 2 veins out trying to get the IV in me, they began pumping this medicine they refer to as MAG (magnesium sulfate) that keeps me from having a seizure in the operating room and then we just sat and waited for our turn. Might I add that this is the absolute worst medication in the world! You are pretty much nonexistent for 24 hours...HORRIBLE!

The nurse came around 2:30 and walked Eli and I down to the operating room and off I was wheeled. Eli was kept in a holding area outside the opearting room until they had me ready to cut open.

Anyhoo, at 3:09 our world changed forever! And at exactly 3:09 my headache that I had been suffering from for over 48 hours went away completely. As soon as the dr said he's here, I looked at Eli and said my headache went away.

I will blog on another post about NICU and why he was there...I must be going to tend to my little monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment