I have really been seeking some direction the last few weeks and I've spent a lot of time in prayer. There are some uncertainties (just like with everything in life) that I have been dealing with since I have been home.
One of these is the status of my job. When I started this job 3 years ago, I talked to my boss about the possibility of me getting pregnant and me working from home if that happened. I was told absolutely, we will work something out. Well, I get pregnant and all is well until a month ago when I found myself being put on bedrest. I asked him about working from home and that wasn't an option. It was ok 3 years ago, but not now. Alright...I can live with that. It is what it is, so whatever. Well, now I am a month into this and I have about 3 weeks left of "maternity leave". (it's really using all my sick time, vacation time & personal time) I don't know where I stand...is my job secure, am I going to be let go since I won't be going back in 3 weeks...what's going to happen?
So, the other night I woke up around 4:30 for my normal restroom break and I couldn't go back to sleep. I began praying for some direction. I prayed for the Lord to lead me where He wants me, open the doors that He wants opened and close the ones that need to be closed. John 1:6 kept ringing over and over in my head as I'm praying this. I finally got out of bed and grabbed my Bible to see what the verse said. I am convinced God has a sense of humor because I have no clue why that verse was playing over and over in my mind that night. John 1:6 says: There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. HUH??? Really...I'm so confused. So, I sat up reading until about 6:45 meditating on God's word, searching for answers.
My prayer is that I can draw closer to Him and that He leads me in the direction that He wants me. Only He knows what's in store, but it's up to me to seek Him for the answers.
No comments:
Post a Comment