Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dr Update

I went back to the dr this morning for my normal weekly check-up. Samuel is doing really good and HE'S HEAD DOWN!!! I asked the sonographer what the chances are of him turning again and she said he's running out of room, so hopefully that means he will be stuck where he is. Let's pray this is the case! He was a busy boy this morning while she was checking him...he was opening and closing his hands, moving his legs and of course having a grand ole' time on my bladder! She gave me a couple of pictures of his face and one of them is a really good shot of his nose & lips. It appears he has "the Sullivan" nose...surprise surprise!

My blood presure was high so I had to lay in the room for a lot longer than I would have liked to, but while I was lying down it went down. My dr got called out to the hospital for a delivery, so I ended up seeing the nurse practitioner. She didn't check me for dilation, but will next week.

One excellent piece of information is she told me that if I go into labor at this point, we are only looking at "maybe" 24 hours in the NICU for observation. She said that once they hit the 35 week mark, their lungs are pretty much developed. She said he might need a little oxygen just to help kick start him, but nothing like a ventilator or anything like that. What a relief that is!

I'm probably going to start going twice a week beginning this next week. My next appointment is Tuesday and they will measure him again. It stinks I might be going twice a week, but it is what it is. I'm hoping I'm dilated some...that will be very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment