Thursday, August 6, 2009

Where in the World are The DeArmond's

So, I went to the dr yesterday for a follow-up on my Tuesday appointment. My blood pressure was still reading high. The nurse practitioner went and pulled the final results from the lab work that was done and Monday. She came back and said that my liver numbers were elevated and she wanted me to go directly to the hospital. She said don't pass go, head straight to the hospital and get yourself checked in. My blood pressure shot through the roof! By the time I got over there and got checked in, my blood pressure was reading 156/111!! That's the highest it's been thus far.

I have been in the hospital for observation the last 24 hours or so. I have been diagnosed with preeclampsia. This is something that's really dangerous for me and the baby. However, we are both fine at this point. My blood pressure has dropped to where it should be and my little guy is doing exceptionaly well. In fact, we had a really detailed sonogram today and he weighs 4 lbs 12 oz. He's a little chunky monkey! The reason for the sonogram today was to see how much blood was flowing through the umbilical cord and getting to him, check the condition of the placenta, check his liver function & kidney function. All of that is really good, so we got the release to go home.

I will go back to the dr on Monday for another detailed sonogram. On this sonogram they will be doing a body analysis. They will rate his movements, check the level of amniotic fluid and some other things. (so much has been thrown at me I can't quite remember what else they will look for) We pray that this goes just as well as the one today.

So, what does all of this mean. Well, for starters I'm on bed rest until the end of the pregnancy. I also no longer technically have a due date. With preeclampsia, I can get really sick really quick which would be harmful to Samuel. At some point they might have to take him because it's safer for him to be cared for outside the womb than inside. My dr would like to keep him in until I'm atleast 35 weeks and anything over that is icing on the cake. She won't let me go past 38 weeks for sure. However, things can change overnight with this. I've also been informed that this probably won't be my last visit to the hospital. I just pray that I can keep my blood pressure under control at home and not have to stay in the hospital. There are girls up there on the wing I was in that have been there since June. Some with preeclampsia and some with preterm labor.


Prayer requests:

My blood pressure to remain normal
Samuel remain healthy
Eli to get rest and have the strength to take on all the tasks ahead
My anxiety about finances since I can no longer work
My anxiety about getting my house finished

We are so thankful for the family and friends that we have. I know we have been coveted in your prayers and we appreciate it more than you will ever know. We love you guys and I will keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment