I went to the dr yesterday for a check up on last weeks adventures. We had another sonogram done and my little man is doing absolutely wonderful! He has now turned head down which is very exciting as well. Last Thursday he was transverse which means he was diagonal, but he's in position now. We got to watch him move around and saw him making the sucking movements with his lips. He's ADORABLE!!! I'm going to have weekly visits from this point forward and will also have weekly sonograms to see how he is progressing. We will have lots of pictures of my sweet baby before it's all said and done with. I had the dr check to make sure he is still a boy...and he is! Other than the wonderful news about my baby...I have also been "downgraded" from having preeclampsia to gestational hypertension. What this means is basically all we are dealing with is the blood pressure with me and it's not affecting all my other organs at this point. The possibility is still there for the preeclampsia, but as long as I continue to do as I'm told everything will be good.
After we left the dr's office, Eli took me to Jason's Deli...which the dr said we could do. On our way home we stopped by and got a Starbuck's as well. It's the little things in life that make me happy.
I was enjoying my outing until we got home. My back began to hurt like pain I have never felt before. It felt like someone was taking the muscles in my lower back and they were twisting them, then let them go, twist them, then let them go. I called the dr and they said to head up to labor and delivery to be monitored. So, off we went back to the hospital so I could be hooked up to the monitors. Samuel was fine and I was having little contractions about every 3 1/2 to 4 minutes. They began to slow down and were maybe 7 minutes apart. They gave me a shot to relax my uterus and everything stopped. They also did a culture to see if I would go into preterm labor within the next couple of weeks and it came back negative. So, the good news is I'm no longer having contractions and I probably won't go into labor for atleast 2 weeks. This will put me at 34 weeks and as long as I can continue to do as I'm told, maybe my dr will leave him in longer.
Continue to pray for our well being and strength for my husband. He has been working so hard around here and I know it's beginning to take it's toll on him...not only physically, but mentally as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment