Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Time is Flying!

It's been 8 weeks since Coleson started his treatment in Houston and we have had Mackenzie pretty much the whole time. There have been a couple of weekends when she went to see Coleson, but for the most part she has been here. It's been such an amazing 8 weeks in so many ways. We have never had Mackenzie full time like we have had her now. We have enjoyed every single minute spent with her and picking up right where Julie left off. There have been times that she has gotten emotional because she misses everyone, but she's remained very strong for the most part. We know this is only because of her faith in Him.

Our prayer for the past several years has been that we can build a close relationship with Regi & Julie for the sake of Mackenzie. We've been through our ups and downs, but through all of this we have gotten closer. All Mackenzie has ever wanted is to be able to come over to our house whenever she wants to. Our prayer is that this will happen and she won't be made to feel bad for wanting to do so.

We are so proud of Mackenzie! She brings so much joy to our hearts. I feel like over this past 8 weeks she and I have grown a lot closer as well. There is a new sense of connection there that I don't think we've ever had before. She cracks us up on a daily basis. I think the saddest part about all of this is how quiet our house is going to be.

Baby girl- You make our hearts sing. You make us proud each and every day. We love you so much and have enjoyed having the last 8 weeks with you every single day. I wish you didn't have to go home, but like we keep telling you...going home means Coleson is better and that's a good thing. God is doing some wonderful things in your life right now. It's a privilege to witness. It's an honor that He chose us to be your parents and I hope we can honor Him in how we raise you. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment