Thursday, March 18, 2010

Homemade Food

One of the new things I have started doing is making Samuel's baby food. Yes I know exactly what you are thinking..."who has time for that". I thought it would be a big pain and I would maybe do it a couple of times and be over it, but I LOVE it!!! I usually puree twice a week and I think it's a blast. It's much healthier for little man and it's so much cheaper as well. Here is a pic from my last batch I made that took maybe 45 minutes.

This entire batch of food cost approximately $3.70...BARGAIN!!! From left to right we have avocado, asparagus, peaches, fruit cocktail, green beans and sweet potatoes. Samuel LOVES his new foods and I love experimenting with new veggies and fruits. Oh and as a plus I save the juice from some of the fruits and put it in his water. From now on instead of putting the food in the baby food jars, I will be putting it in small tuperware containers. This will cut back on my time which is another plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment