I realize it's been since Memorial Day that I posted on the blog. And...after getting reprimanded for not blogging, I decided I should go ahead and do it.
We have been super busy! Two weekends ago Mom and Tatum came in town for Jennifer's baby shower. We had a nice visit and the girls had fun playing with each other. Mom arrived with an outfit for little man. He's going to look so cute in all his duds!!! Thank you Nana! On Sunday, we went to the shower at Kathy's and had a nice time as well. Little Emily is going to be the bomb.com in some of the outfits she got. I'm wondering how cute my little man would look in a ballerina outfit!! Grandma Kathy purchased our little guy's bedding for his crib and also got him several adorable onesies! I will post pics of those in another post. She also gave us 2 model sailboats as well as a shadow box for decorations. I can't wait to begin decorating his nursery!! He will love it all and thank you!!
This past weekend we intended on working on the house, but that didn't quite work out. My poor husband has been in desperate need of shorts for I don't know how long. We ventured out to Old Navy to see what they had. We walked in to a really good sale on their mens clothes...everything 1/2 off. Eli got some shorts, a shirt, a hat & a belt. He looks so cute in all of his attire! I needed some shorts as well and Old Navy's maternity selection in the stores stinks! I'm not real comfortable ordering any maternity clothes online since I don't know how they fit. That's where the majority of Old Navy's selection can be found. On Saturday we slept in which was SUPER nice! We decided to go run our errands before working on the house so we didn't lose track of time. After a nice lunch at Chi Fil-A, off we went to Grapevine Mills mall we went. We were looking for these shoes that Eli has been wanting. We walked out of their without the shoes, but I did get some shorts from the Motherhood outlet. Oh and can I say there was nothing outlet about it. All the prices looked to be the same! Anyhoo, while we were there we received a phone call from Kenz wanting to know if we could take her and her sister to get ice cream. After we ate dinner, we went over and took the girls to get ice cream. After our ice cream we went to play at Mackenzie's school playground. My husband the awesome devoted father that he is got out and chased the girls around in the 150 degree heat. I however, sat in the back of the car with the a/c blowing straight on me. : ) Needless to say, by the time we got home Saturday night, we didn't work on the house.
Yesterday I worked like a dog around the house. Since we are leaving on Thursday for the beach house, I have a list of things to get done. I finished all the laundry, got Kenz packed, cleaned my car out, conditioned the leather seats in my car, and got Mackenzie's room cleaned up. I was so tired last night. However, it felt good to get all of that accomplished. There are still lots of things to get done between now and Thursday.
Tomorrow is my dr's appointment. I will be 24 weeks tomorrow which means we only have 17 weeks to go. I have been feeling really good! My little guy continues to be really active. We are still working on a name, but I think we are narrowing it down. Hopefully it will be revealed soon! He's definitely a spoiled baby so far. We have been given so many wonderful things by people. I can't wait to put it all to use.
I promise I will do better with this blogging thing. My next post will hopefully be some pics of the bedding, clothes and decorations. We love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment