Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer

We had every intention of getting things done around the house this weekend and well....it's too hot to do anything. Yea I know the A/C is on in the house, but it's like 140 outside and I know that...sooo I don't want to do anything.

Friday night my husband treated me to a dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. In case you didn't know...they have the absolute best coconut shrimp and my little Samuel likes it too. On Saturday we had some errands to run, so we stopped for lunch at Chik Fil-A and then suffered in the miserable heat as we ran our errands. We came home and I was able to take a quick power nap before we had an evening with Kenz. This morning we went to church, lunch at Grandma's house and then I came home to take another nap. (much longer today I might add) This heat is really beginning to take it's toll on my poor feet...the last 3 or 4 days my feet have looked like water balloons. I'm drinking tons of water and keeping my feet elevated as much as possible, but when your pregnant, retaining water anyway and then you add the ridiculous heat...not a great combination.

We really need to get busy with the chores around the house so they are complete when we get the crib. As soon as we get the crib we will begin working on the nursery. I asked Eli the other night how much we could pay someone to come finish the work for us. It's actually fun getting to do this together...neither one of us have the motivation anymore though. : (

We would really like to get new carpet in the house before Samuel gets here. The carpet in here is probably the original, so it's not looking too good up next to the fresh paint. Which I might add kinda sucks because of all the work we have put into trying to update the house, but it will all come together with time.

We hope you guys had a good weekend and kept as cool as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment