Samuel woke up feeling normal yesterday morning...he was his adorable cheerful self. Renee called me around 12:00 and said Samuel was sick, he was running fever of about 102.6. She said she had given him some Motrin, so I went home at lunch to bring her some Tylenol so she could alternate them. She called me again around 2:30 and said I needed to come home to get him because his fever never really broke and it's back up to 102.6. We both forgot to add a degree since it was taken under the arm, so really he was running about 103.6. I rushed out of the office and on my way home I called the Dr. His appointment was at 3:30 and luckily Eli was working literally right next door to the Dr's office. They checked his temp there and it was 103.3. After checking his ears (clear), strep test (negative) and flu test (negative), we were sent to the ER at Cook's. I hate emergency rooms! Needless to say after several hours of a urine test, blood test, 2 doses of Motrin, a bottle of pedialyte, 2 diarrhea diapers and mom and dad getting puked on...our little man has a stomach virus.
It can be a pretty scary thing to see your 7 month old running that high of fever and pretty much have no life in them. Thank God it's "just" a stomach virus. He will bounce back quickly I'm sure and be back to his normal self soon. We love you little man and hope you feel better soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment