Monday, April 4, 2011

Surgery needed

Eli went back to Dr S. last Thursday and surgery is required on the stone.He will go in on Wednesday with a flexible scope and break the stone up. He will also replace the stint with one that has a string on it and we will go into his office Monday for the removal of the stint. We have been praying that the Lord removes this stone from his body so that when Dr S. goes in on Wednesday, he can just take the stint out. If this is not His will, we pray the surgery goes well and a speedy recovery. This stint is pretty miserable and I'm ready for all of this suffering to be over with. Surgery is scheduled for 10:30 on Wednesday.

On a little funnier note (at least for me)...it's really uncomfortable for Eli to ride in the car especially having to wear his seat belt. As we were on our way to the Dr last week, we are driving down Rufe Snow when we come upon a 3 car pileup. I was rubbernecking and talking about the insurance claim on the accident when all of a sudden, I ran over someone's front headlight. Like the whole thing was intact until I got a hold of it. Pieces went flying everywhere, it "jostled" Eli and I was cracking up while he was in pain. We continue on and again I'm not paying attention when I bounced off into a pothole. Again, I'm cracking up while Eli is laughing but in pain. Fast forward, we are on our way home in between appointments when I found another pothole to hit. I swear they were coming out of nowhere. :) Eli was like could you possibly hit anymore potholes. When we arrived back at the Dr's office I was pulling in to the parking space a little too fast and bounced into the curb pretty hard. Eli was dying and I was laughing hysterically! Eli told me I better get my shots in while I can because when he feels better, paybacks are coming. I'm so so glad my husband has learned to deal with me...I felt bad, but it was still ridiculously funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment