Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dr Visit

As I mentioned several posts back, Samuel's reflux has come back with a vengeance. We took him to a gastroenterologist this past Friday. Without going into all the details of our conversation with him, he believes that the valve that connects your stomach to your small intestine isn't growing properly. We have to go to Cook's Children's downtown on Tuesday and he is going to perform an endoscopy. He will be doing 4 things:

1. checking for gastroparesis (a bacteria that causes your stomach muscles to not function properly)
2. doing a biopsy (this is standard practice...no concern for cancer or anything)
3. he is going to stretch the valve to allow for the food to pass
4. he will be coming home with a probe that will come out of his nose that is connected to a recorder. This will stay in for 18-24 hours and will record how many times he reflux's and is it acid or non acid.

Eli and I are ready to get to the bottom of everything. Our poor baby has been dealing with this long enough. We know God led us to his dr and know Samuel is in His hands. Please pray for the dr's wisdom and pray for our strength. I've sort of been handling it ok, but as the day gets closer I'm beginning to be on edge about it. I will update once we know more on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment