Saturday, March 7, 2009

Finally...an update!

It's been a few days, so let me update. The first Thursday of every month we have a marriage enrichment class that we go to at our church. Well, it's not at the church, we go to the home of Billy & Katherine Parks. There are on average probably 13-14 couples that attend. Of those couples, 4 of us are pregnant. One of the couples just had their baby..The Morrows. (I have a link to their blog on here) Our nursery at church is going to be filled this year with newborns...there were 7 of us pregnant at the same time. The marriage enrichment class is a lot of fun! It's so important for us to learn what God intends for our marriages. We should honor Him by having the best marriages we can possibly have. I'm going through all of this to say that this past Thursday was our monthly meeting. One of the things I like about this class is we have monthly homework assignments. We have Date Nights. This past month it was up to the husbands to plan the night and they had to formally ask us on a date. You know you are married when your husband does this:

Eli: "So, what are you doing tonight?"
Megan: "Well, right now I'm slicing strawberries, why?"
Eli: "Uh..well..I was just wanting to know if you like wanted to go out with me or something?"
Megan: "No"

Just kidding...we went to Joe's Crab Shack. We shared some crab balls and we both ordered coconut shrimp. We sat outside and enjoyed the breeze. If you took the freeway out of the picture, the evening reminded us of sitting on the deck of Cafe Michael Burger in Galveston enjoying each other and listening to the waves of the ocean. It also reminded us of sitting in the restaurant at Marina Cay in the BVI's. We have only been to the islands once, but we miss it soo much! I told Eli on our date night...I'm slowly converting my little mountain man to be a beach bum. I LOVE the ocean!

For our next assignment, each of us has to plan something that takes 30 minutes or less and costs no more than $5.00. The point is to show that you can enjoy quality time with each other for not a whole lot of money and this can be done even in our busy schedules.

Last night we were supposed to have someone come by and get a puppy...no show! Go figure! Eli and I went out to eat as neither of us were in the mood to cook. I wanted a hamburger, but the mention of breakfast and I was all over it. We went to IHOP...mine was pretty good. No such luck for Eli! We came home and watched Thursday nights AI show...I'm pretty pumped about it! I'm pulling for Danny (the guy who lost his wife) and Scott (the blind guy)

Today I have to work...as you can see I'm blogging instead of working right now. : ) When I leave here I have to get my car washed, go get a birthday present for Uncle Jake (Eli's little brother), go get some short sleeve shirts from Old Navy and possibly run to Motherhood for some under garments. Thank you Grandma Kathy for the gift cards! This evening we are celebrating Jacob's birthday with Eli's family. Jamie(Jacob's girlfriend) is in town from Amarillo, so we will enjoy her company as well. I can't believe Jake is 20 years old...he was in middle school when I met Eli. I'm getting old! Happy Birthday Uncle Jake!!

As far as Peanut goes...everything is still good. I'm still having those pains, but I rejoice in the pains because my Peanut is getting bigger. We are so excited! I think with each passing day we get more and more excited about this gift from God. We have tried for so long and had many heartbreaks along the way. Just when I thought there was something wrong with me...He blessed us with this angel. My next appointment is the 23rd and I'm anxious to see how big he is. Oops did I say "he"...I meant Peanut.

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend! The weather is really nice here...even though it is mega hot! Not to mention the fact that I'm pregnant...it probably seems like it's 10 degrees hotter. I'm with Jen...the summer is not going to be fun if I think this is hot. I'm only 9 weeks...July is going to be AWFUL! Grandma Kathy...we might be sleeping in your pool the month of July. Hope you don't mind!

We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment