The night before last, Eli was dealing with intense kidney & bladder pain. He's been dealing with this for a while, but the pain was worse than it's ever been. He woke me up around 2 saying he needed to go to the ER. I immediately jumped up, got dressed and called Renee to see if she could watch the kids. We arrived at the ER around 3 or so and thankfully they got him right in. After some morphine, he was good to go. They ran some tests and determined he had a 9mm kidney stone. We were admitted into the hospital and my precious husband was in surgery around 12:30. The urologist told us because of where the stone is located and because there was so much infection and bacteria present, he was just going to put a stint in to drain everything out. He wants his kidney to return to normal size since it was dilated and he wants the infection to get cleared up before he goes in and removes the stone. We are looking at this stint staying in for a couple of weeks and then he will have to come back in and have the stone removed. When Dr. S came out after the surgery, he said he is glad he made the call he made with the stint because as soon as he opened it up, blood, urine, infection, etc came gushing out. He said if he would have gone in and just pulled the stone, it could have been fatal with the amount of infection present. Thank you God for sending this Dr to us!
We are supposed to go home today at some point. They are going to do another CT scan to look at the stone and then hopefully we will go home.
I'm so thankful that we have finally gotten to the bottom of all of these issues my precious husband has been having for the past 3-4 months. He has suffered for long enough and hopefully this will put an end to it. I'm so thankful that God put His hedge of protection against Eli through all of this.
I love you Eli and I'm praying you start to feel better soon! I'm ready to have my vibrant, energetic man back.
No comments:
Post a Comment