Now about the accident. The kids were in the garage trying to bust the pinata. Eli was sitting in a chair holding Samuel and I was standing next to him watching. The little kids went first and then they handed the stick off to the big kids. Riley, one of the cousins, came up to swing and on his second swing the stick broke. It all happened so fast I don't know exactly how it happened. A piece of the stick went flying right at Samuel's head before Eli could move him out of the way. It hit him right at the top of his forehead and scratched him in 3 different places. That really wasn't the worse of it...the goose egg that popped up from the impact was horrible. My heart broke for him! We immediately put a bag of frozen veggies on it and it went down a lot. Once he calmed down he went back to his happy little self, but I was sick to my stomach the rest of the night. I realize this is probably nothing compared to what might happen in the future, but it was still nerve wracking.
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Halloween Party
Eli's aunt Sandy and his cousin Amanda decided to throw a Halloween party for all the kids this year. The kids got to wear their costumes and it was super fun! They had food galore, games like bean bag toss, ring toss on the witch hat, a craft to make hats, bingo, a clown making balloon animals, tattoos, bone dig and Renee made this really cool spider pinata. Samuel won the costume contest for the boys and Tiffany dressed as Dorothy won for the girls. Here are some pictures from the evening...before the accident happened. :(










Now about the accident. The kids were in the garage trying to bust the pinata. Eli was sitting in a chair holding Samuel and I was standing next to him watching. The little kids went first and then they handed the stick off to the big kids. Riley, one of the cousins, came up to swing and on his second swing the stick broke. It all happened so fast I don't know exactly how it happened. A piece of the stick went flying right at Samuel's head before Eli could move him out of the way. It hit him right at the top of his forehead and scratched him in 3 different places. That really wasn't the worse of it...the goose egg that popped up from the impact was horrible. My heart broke for him! We immediately put a bag of frozen veggies on it and it went down a lot. Once he calmed down he went back to his happy little self, but I was sick to my stomach the rest of the night. I realize this is probably nothing compared to what might happen in the future, but it was still nerve wracking.
Now about the accident. The kids were in the garage trying to bust the pinata. Eli was sitting in a chair holding Samuel and I was standing next to him watching. The little kids went first and then they handed the stick off to the big kids. Riley, one of the cousins, came up to swing and on his second swing the stick broke. It all happened so fast I don't know exactly how it happened. A piece of the stick went flying right at Samuel's head before Eli could move him out of the way. It hit him right at the top of his forehead and scratched him in 3 different places. That really wasn't the worse of it...the goose egg that popped up from the impact was horrible. My heart broke for him! We immediately put a bag of frozen veggies on it and it went down a lot. Once he calmed down he went back to his happy little self, but I was sick to my stomach the rest of the night. I realize this is probably nothing compared to what might happen in the future, but it was still nerve wracking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment