Monday, October 4, 2010

Baby check-up

I went to the dr this morning for a normal check up on the baby. The baby is doing wonderful...his heartbeat was 150bpm which is perfecto. Now on to me...everything is ok with me. However, my blood pressure was starting to creep up a little. It was 140/80 which the bottom number is ok...it's the top number at this point. My dr firmly believes that I'm borderline hyptertension when I'm not pregnant which causes it to rise earlier in pregnancy. She sent me home with a 24 hour urine test which she is just checking for protein output. She also called out a low dosage blood pressure medication that she wants me to start taking. She's not worried about anything at this point and feels like this medicine will help keep my blood pressure under control. I have to go back in 2 weeks just for a blood pressure check and I firmly believe everything will be fine.

I seriously think my biggest issue is I have white collar syndrome. As soon as the nurse put the blood pressure cuff on I felt my heart racing. I know I need to just chill out about everything. I think my biggest concern going into today is this was about the point when my blood pressure started creeping up with Samuel, so I might have been a little worried about it.

Please pray for my nerves and just pray that my blood pressure goes down and that we don't have anymore "issues" from here on out. I'm probably more concerned with it than she is which I guess is a good thing. I feel great and I feel like I have more energy than I ever did with Samuel.

We will find out what we are having in about 4 more weeks...I'M SUPER EXCITED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment