Saturday, March 24, 2012

Food Co-Op

I read about this food co-op on someone else's blog and thought it was really cool. It's through www.bountifulbaskets.org. The main basket is half veggies & half fruit for $15. Really??!!! The produce is sooo good! They sell extra stuff as well for a very reasonable price. Last week Renee and I each got a basket, we split the homemade sourdough bread and the homemade tropical granola. It was $28.75 each! (I didn't take pictures...boo) They keep the costs down because everything is based off volunteer work. There aren't any employees with the organization.

Here are some pictures of everything I got this week



This was a mexican vegetable bag that I got for $8.50.




I'm loving this idea because it's encouraged us to eat more fresh veggies and fruit daily. It's so much cheaper which is also a plus. I encourage you to find one in your area and if you don't have one, you can always start one through their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment