Saturday, October 15, 2011

Post surgery

Addy girl made it out of her surgery just fine on Thursday. She had a harder time coming out of the anesthesia than Samuel did. Part of the problem was they had the IV in her left hand, so her whole hand was taped up. Normally no big deal, but my baby girl won't take a paci and her 2 middle fingers on that hand are her paci. She soothes herself with those 2 fingers and she couldn't get to them. It was seriously the saddest thing watching her try to get to them and not being able to. It broke this Momma's heart to pieces. She had a few other issues, but thankfully after a couple of bottles of apple juice and pedialyte, we loaded her up and were on our way home. She did good that day not messing with the pH probe until the afternoon. I ended up having to cut a section of the tape on her face because she was pulling on it. The next morning we went in to remove the probe and Miss Priss said, "Uh...I don't need you Mom or Dad, I got this". Yep...she had taken it out all on her own. That made things easier I guess. We should know the results of everything hopefully this next week. I'm happy to report that things have already improved though, so we will keep our fingers crossed that it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment