This is the first year that I am a mother to two beautiful babies. Ok I know Kenz isn't a baby anymore, but she will always be my first baby. Other than being a wife, there is nothing greater in my opinion than being a mother. I cherish and adore my children and will be the same with any others we might be blessed with. God has really and truly given me the best kids in the world and I feel so lucky He chose me to be a mother to them.
I would also like to say how much I appreciate all of the other mothers in my life...Mom, Kathy, & Renee.
Mom...words can't even begin to describe how much you mean to me. Next to Eli, you are my best friend. We talk 500 times a day and I wouldn't have it any other way. I wish so much you lived closer, but maybe one day it will happen. I don't say it nearly often enough, but I love you and thank you thank you thank you for everything you do.
Kathy...you came into my life at a very young age. I have never looked at you like a step-mom. You stepping in and loving us the way you did and never looking at us like we were step children, is one of the reasons I am able to do that with Kenz. After the divorce and we had no contact with you, I went looking because I longed for that relationship and I'm so glad I did. You mean so much to me and I know I don't say it nearly enough. I love you and thank you for being a wonderful mother!
Renee...thank you for raising such a wonderful man! You have instilled so many qualities in my amazing hubby and I'm so thankful for it. You give so unselfishly and love me like your own flesh. I appreciate you for not treating me like a "daughter-in-law", but like your daughter. I treasure our relationship and I know that it will only get stronger. I love you and thank you for everything you do!
To all the other mother's...I hope you have a wonderful day! Being a mother is one of the hardest, but most rewarding things in life. Put your feet up and take a day off. (Yea right...we all know none of us can do that)
No comments:
Post a Comment